On 6/27/08, my husband purchased a 16 piece bucket of original chicken from 1235 Central Avenue Kentucky Fried Chicken in Albany, New York.
After getting the chicken home, it wasn't what he ordered, but kids were hungry. So, we picked out the chipolte pieces and doled out the extra crispy pieces. We were all at various stages of eating our chicken when one of the children discovered that her chicken was raw to the point of bleeding.
Upon inspection, all 16 peices were raw. Those who consumed the chicken were vomiting and had severe
diaharrea the following day and the next four days.
KFC Corp. and the local franchisee were both contacted. Neither of them seems to be concerned with what my family has gone through. This seems absurd to me! If you google KFC and Raw Chicken, you will find testimony from family after family with similar stories to mine. This Corp. and their "adjuster" continues to attempt to put the responsibility on me and my husband (ie., why didn't we have rectal swabs done on me and the kids? How do we know that it was the chicken that made us sick? "Being sick for 4 days isn't really THAT serious").
Nobody in my family has ever dealt with food poisoning before, so we weren't adept at knowing all of the "ins and outs" of what to do to PROVE that this franchisee poisoned us. It sure is interesting to me, however, that KFC and its adjuster surely knew how to imply that my husband and I had somehow failed our family and knew step by step what to do when you get food poisoning. It seems like they've dealt with this issue before, but want to put it on me and my husband. REALLY?
When is this Corporatation and its franchises going to accept responsibility for feeding it's consumers RAW CHICKEN? That is the real issue here!
To me, this corporation is committing fraud! On the cover of each bucket, it states that each piece of chicken is inspected for quality. Where was our quality check? Or maybe one wasn't done, and it's more likely due to the fact that our local health department found a number of the fryers broken our not working properly.
Let's not take any more of this CHICKEN ****!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Review category
- Fast Food
You May Also Like
- "I bought a 10 pc bucket of chicken from the KFC at 955 Saratoga Ave, San Jose on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. The bucket contained 3 *** total. ..."
- "Matt Buss doesn't even run his own business but has teenagers doing it for him whiles hes living it up on vacations left and right. Occasionally, every few months..."
- "While staying at a resort in Galveston, Texas I placed an order for my family. When it arrived a slice was missing from two different pizzas. I called to report..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "Mt.Zion Baptist church on 11.10.12 I just buried my 30 yr old cousin Nov. 11th 2012 and I chose Avasflowers online. I ordered 2 SPRAYS..The 1 spray i ordered which..."
- "First the flowers were not delivered as scheduled (Wed). The following day I sent a customer service email that was supposed to be returned in two hours. After 5 hours..."
- "The flowers were delivered same day. The supplemented flowers and color palette was accurate. The problem was the presentation. A "deluxe" $70 arrangement should look like the advertised photo, like..."