On 6/27/08, my husband purchased a 16 piece bucket of original chicken from 1235 Central Avenue Kentucky Fried Chicken in Albany, New York.
After getting the chicken home, it wasn't what he ordered, but kids were hungry. So, we picked out the chipolte pieces and doled out the extra crispy pieces. We were all at various stages of eating our chicken when one of the children discovered that her chicken was raw to the point of bleeding.
Upon inspection, all 16 peices were raw. Those who consumed the chicken were vomiting and had severe
diaharrea the following day and the next four days.
KFC Corp. and the local franchisee were both contacted. Neither of them seems to be concerned with what my family has gone through. This seems absurd to me! If you google KFC and Raw Chicken, you will find testimony from family after family with similar stories to mine. This Corp. and their "adjuster" continues to attempt to put the responsibility on me and my husband (ie., why didn't we have rectal swabs done on me and the kids? How do we know that it was the chicken that made us sick? "Being sick for 4 days isn't really THAT serious").
Nobody in my family has ever dealt with food poisoning before, so we weren't adept at knowing all of the "ins and outs" of what to do to PROVE that this franchisee poisoned us. It sure is interesting to me, however, that KFC and its adjuster surely knew how to imply that my husband and I had somehow failed our family and knew step by step what to do when you get food poisoning. It seems like they've dealt with this issue before, but want to put it on me and my husband. REALLY?
When is this Corporatation and its franchises going to accept responsibility for feeding it's consumers RAW CHICKEN? That is the real issue here!
To me, this corporation is committing fraud! On the cover of each bucket, it states that each piece of chicken is inspected for quality. Where was our quality check? Or maybe one wasn't done, and it's more likely due to the fact that our local health department found a number of the fryers broken our not working properly.
Let's not take any more of this CHICKEN ****!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Review category
- Fast Food
You May Also Like
- "TRAVELING AND STOPPED FOR THE NIGHT IN BLYTHEVILLE, ARK. ORDERED A PIZZA AND WINGS FROM PIZZA HUT. THEY SAID 30 TO 45 MINS. WELL AN HOUR LATER THEY FINALLY DELIVERED WHAT THEY..."
- "Um do you check your rice before you import for cheap??? Do you have QC checking this stuff? I just bought a box on Saturday of hamburger helper crunchy..."
- "On 25th Nov. I have Ordered 40 Potato Krisper by Walking to 1 of your Branch at KFC Yum Restaurants(India) Pvt Ltd. No. 55 Bommasandra Village, Bangalore-560099. I have placed..."
- "First the flowers were not delivered as scheduled (Wed). The following day I sent a customer service email that was supposed to be returned in two hours. After 5 hours..."
- "Done with Dunkin. I rarely comment/complain about poor service but I've just had enough. My last (meaning most recent and final) visit at dunkin donut was on August 26..."
- "purchased a corner cabinet (est.$450) end of october, received in november, came totally damaged, couldn't believe they sent out like that, gashes, dents scratched, it was awful, had to pack..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."