On 6/27/08, my husband purchased a 16 piece bucket of original chicken from 1235 Central Avenue Kentucky Fried Chicken in Albany, New York.
After getting the chicken home, it wasn't what he ordered, but kids were hungry. So, we picked out the chipolte pieces and doled out the extra crispy pieces. We were all at various stages of eating our chicken when one of the children discovered that her chicken was raw to the point of bleeding.
Upon inspection, all 16 peices were raw. Those who consumed the chicken were vomiting and had severe
diaharrea the following day and the next four days.
KFC Corp. and the local franchisee were both contacted. Neither of them seems to be concerned with what my family has gone through. This seems absurd to me! If you google KFC and Raw Chicken, you will find testimony from family after family with similar stories to mine. This Corp. and their "adjuster" continues to attempt to put the responsibility on me and my husband (ie., why didn't we have rectal swabs done on me and the kids? How do we know that it was the chicken that made us sick? "Being sick for 4 days isn't really THAT serious").
Nobody in my family has ever dealt with food poisoning before, so we weren't adept at knowing all of the "ins and outs" of what to do to PROVE that this franchisee poisoned us. It sure is interesting to me, however, that KFC and its adjuster surely knew how to imply that my husband and I had somehow failed our family and knew step by step what to do when you get food poisoning. It seems like they've dealt with this issue before, but want to put it on me and my husband. REALLY?
When is this Corporatation and its franchises going to accept responsibility for feeding it's consumers RAW CHICKEN? That is the real issue here!
To me, this corporation is committing fraud! On the cover of each bucket, it states that each piece of chicken is inspected for quality. Where was our quality check? Or maybe one wasn't done, and it's more likely due to the fact that our local health department found a number of the fryers broken our not working properly.
Let's not take any more of this CHICKEN ****!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Review category
- Fast Food
You May Also Like
- "I ordered two salads and soups.. The spinach salad has a very large photo on the side of the cash register and over head.. and what was served was exactly..."
- "So i was eating an arbys classic sandwich, (i purchased two) and i dont like too much meat on my sandwich so i proceeded to take the top bun..."
- "Well I called Pizza Hut and ordered a 15 inch gluten free pizza and I requested if they could add extra sauce on my pizza. Well, instead of doing what..."
- "Now it is 6 months later and i have never even received a call. They didn't even post the ad right and can't change it now. She had no problem..."
- "purchased a corner cabinet (est.$450) end of october, received in november, came totally damaged, couldn't believe they sent out like that, gashes, dents scratched, it was awful, had to pack..."
- "Kids fashion democracy is a SCAM... THEY MAKE YOU PAY $325. For your child to walk like a ZOMBIE... MY DAUGHTER MADE THE FINALS, BUT THEY BROUGHT ON A..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."