Austin, Texas
2.4
Nutrition Description
Quality of Food

The management of this facility does not honor their words they publicly display on the front counter. The last three times I have been there, the staff has a attitude and has the worst customer service of any KFC I have ever been to.

Tonight, they blatantly created an issue in front of several waiting customers,myself included. I personally saw them belittle a Native American male for wanting them to do what was right.

The sign clearly stated, if you don't get a receipt, your meal is free. After waiting for over 25 minutes for a receipt due to the computers malfunctioning the female manager told him she was not honoring anything, and proceeded to get very belligerent with him.

When I spoke up for him, she told me "what business of it is yours". She then left the front counter and went to the back. I told him he should have recorded the whole event on his phone. He said he left it in the car and was going to get it to do just that. I told him if you go out the door they are going to lock the door behind you.

Almost immediately the the original female counter person who had an extremely combatant attitude from the very beginning of this situation started giving an attitude again similar to her initial attitude when the man ordered his meal.

She ran to the door to lock it, but was not able to before he came back in with the phone and got several pictures, while I was taking some too just in case he needed a witness to the situation. Several customers watched this.

Clearly they never heard of customer service nor public service manners for that matter.

Review about: Kfc Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Cold slaw, Original recipe.

I didn't like: Manager, Rude staff, No ice, Honor their words.

Had an Experience with Kfc?

Comments

San Jose, California, United States #1292581

Signs like this have bad news written all over it.I worked for GNC and we had to post a giant sign that said "free gift if we don't tell you about our latest sale items".

Ok, I kid you not, people would walk in from the mall, make a beeline to me at the counter and bellow "you didn't tell me about any sales, I want a free gift"!! Or, I would be ringing up a customer and they would butt in, demanding their free gift because I hadn't told them about the sales (no sh*t Sherlock, I haven't even waited on you yet). It was unreal the number of scammers, shyster and @ssholes in general, that wanted something for free. When I was promoted to manager, I tore the sign down and told the owners some drunk customer had taken it.

So with those rotten memories in mind, I really disapprove of companies that post these type signs.

I can promise you a huge number of people will swear up and down they did not get a receipt...meanwhile, they have it either in their pocket or have tossed it in the trash.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States #1230775

I'm kind of torn on this one.Cause on the one hand, yes, they do have the sign about receipts and all.

But on the other hand, as I've always understood it, that means if you don't get a receipt -handed to you- by an employee. A computer error not printing a receipt is no one's fault. So it's kind of a toss-up.

I don't know.I don't think anyone is 100% in the right or wrong on this one.

CustomerServiceSeeker
Austin, Texas, United States #1229530

Come to think of it, it is attitudes like your comments that is why so many like them get away with their bad customer service. We have become a nation of look the other way, not my business, when at one point in time, everyone would have come to his assistance and the Manger and employee would have been the victim of crowd commentary, probably leaving the establishment and telling the owner of the incident. We have become sheep now, no longer caring what happens to our fellow man or woman, so sad these times, so sad...

unfairhiringprastices
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1227939

So tell me did they catch him throwing out his receipt on camera claiming he never got one just to get a free meal? The manager was right, this is none of our concern. You have no right sticking your nose in places it does not belong.

JonnyBeGood
to unfairhiringprastices Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States #1228486

LMFAO!!! Can't even spell & you want to talk about what's right hahahhahahaha

CustomerServiceSeeker
to unfairhiringprastices Kansas City, Missouri, United States #1229524

No unfair, he was wronged from the start.I watched the whole episode unfold in front of me like a bad movie.

That is why I told him he should have recorded the entire episode, I certainly wish I had.

Would have made for great viewing on You Tube, chuckles.

They were rude and unprofessional in their mannerisms, and need to answer to a higher authority about it.If they were my employees, from what I witnessed they both would have been looking for a new job the next day with no chance of getting unemployment from me.