I bought a 10 pc bucket of chicken from the KFC at 955 Saratoga Ave, San Jose on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. The bucket contained 3 *** total. I paid a little extra for the 3rd breast as the bucket normally came with two. I personally ate 2 *** on Sunday and refrigerated a few left over pieces. On Tuesday afternoon I took the remaining breast and microwaved it. The skin was soft after microwaving and came off when I started eating it. Inside the breast I saw discolored meat - gray and black with a honeycombed material near the bottom The area in question is about 2.5" by 1" wide. There are also areas in the white meat nearby that are discolored. To me it looks like a cancer growth. I may have eaten some of the bad area - see *** mark on left side - but have not gotten sick so far. I kept the breast in the freezer in case someone wanted to examine it.
When I called the store they offered to replace it for another piece but I declined. I sent two emails with pictures to the franchise owner - Harman Management Corp. to the attention of the person I spoke to Tuesday afternoon but have not heard back from them. I also sent the picture to the Santa Clara health dept email@example.com. as instructed when I called them on Tuesday as well. After not hearing back from either message I called the health dept again. Finally connected with the inspector in charge of the area that the store is in and sent him another email explaining the issue and two pictures of the breast.
This morning I received a voice mail on my phone from the inspector. He said he contacted the store and they did an internal audit on themselves and no problems were found. Apparently the inspector never even went there. He only called the district manager for KFC and said they dealt with it internally.
I find it hard to believe the issue was so poorly investigated. The condition of the food is horrible in my opinion. I would hate to find out that someone had eaten something like this and gotten ill. The inspector even said he had never seen anything like it. I would think that alone would prompt more than a phone call. I have attached 2 photos - the same that I sent to the health department.
More Review Details
|Quality of Food|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Contaminated food
- Bad food quality
- Company response to my complaint
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Review category
- Fast Food
You May Also Like
- "I orders 2 maxican pizza and veg cantina bowl first they forget to give me 1 pizza then I have to come back to take my pizza.then when I checked..."
- "Two Bad Experiences Are More Than Enough At Two Different Fatburgers! Can You Believe It! This afternoon being Thursday, July 23, 2015 at approximately 12:50 P.M., I went into the..."
- "Went to mcdonalds in Phoenix AZ 85040 and I was eating my food on my lunch break and I went to take the next *** and noticed this in my..."
- "I bought Loreal Revitalift Daily Cleanser and the night creme..I used it and my face is literally burned!! Like a chemical burn . It's been a week it's still not..."
- "DO NOT BUY a product made by American Range. They have no commitment to quality or customer service. I have purchased a high-end American Range, ARROB-436GR, for 6 thousand dollars. The..."
- "For Mother's Day I got two edible arrangement for my mother and mother-in-law and the strawberries were no good. Very disappointed and worth the money I spent. I called and..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."