I bought a 10 pc bucket of chicken from the KFC at 955 Saratoga Ave, San Jose on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. The bucket contained 3 *** total. I paid a little extra for the 3rd breast as the bucket normally came with two. I personally ate 2 *** on Sunday and refrigerated a few left over pieces. On Tuesday afternoon I took the remaining breast and microwaved it. The skin was soft after microwaving and came off when I started eating it. Inside the breast I saw discolored meat - gray and black with a honeycombed material near the bottom The area in question is about 2.5" by 1" wide. There are also areas in the white meat nearby that are discolored. To me it looks like a cancer growth. I may have eaten some of the bad area - see *** mark on left side - but have not gotten sick so far. I kept the breast in the freezer in case someone wanted to examine it.
When I called the store they offered to replace it for another piece but I declined. I sent two emails with pictures to the franchise owner - Harman Management Corp. to the attention of the person I spoke to Tuesday afternoon but have not heard back from them. I also sent the picture to the Santa Clara health dept firstname.lastname@example.org. as instructed when I called them on Tuesday as well. After not hearing back from either message I called the health dept again. Finally connected with the inspector in charge of the area that the store is in and sent him another email explaining the issue and two pictures of the breast.
This morning I received a voice mail on my phone from the inspector. He said he contacted the store and they did an internal audit on themselves and no problems were found. Apparently the inspector never even went there. He only called the district manager for KFC and said they dealt with it internally.
I find it hard to believe the issue was so poorly investigated. The condition of the food is horrible in my opinion. I would hate to find out that someone had eaten something like this and gotten ill. The inspector even said he had never seen anything like it. I would think that alone would prompt more than a phone call. I have attached 2 photos - the same that I sent to the health department.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Contaminated food
- Bad food quality
- Company response to my complaint
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Review category
- Fast Food
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Visited kfc last night and had to wait over 30 minutes in drive thru for food. Then once I got up to the window, the young lady did not give..."
- "On 6/27/08, my husband purchased a 16 piece bucket of original chicken from 1235 Central Avenue Kentucky Fried Chicken in Albany, New York. After getting the chicken home, it wasn't..."
- "I saw the TV ads for Subway sandwich, drove out of my way to taste, for the first time. a "Foot Long". The store was busy, which I thought was..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "Hi I admin an Ashton Drake buy sell and showcase group on Facebook. I have over 12,000 members worldwide. I have seen several people showing their dolls, be they new..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "A shocking dirty little secret of Universal Life policies: you LOSE all your policy's cash value when you croak. This is true of Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL)..."
- "It's not very often that I complain about a purchase gone wrong, but I feel this is necessary. I placed an order for flowers and balloons while I was out..."
- "Please see attached the chart page from a Transamerica Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL) policy. A California WFG agent sold this policy to a client earlier this year. Transamerica..."