San Jose, California
1.3K views 7 comments

I bought a 10 pc bucket of chicken from the KFC at 955 Saratoga Ave, San Jose on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. The bucket contained 3 *** total. I paid a little extra for the 3rd breast as the bucket normally came with two. I personally ate 2 *** on Sunday and refrigerated a few left over pieces. On Tuesday afternoon I took the remaining breast and microwaved it. The skin was soft after microwaving and came off when I started eating it. Inside the breast I saw discolored meat - gray and black with a honeycombed material near the bottom The area in question is about 2.5" by 1" wide. There are also areas in the white meat nearby that are discolored. To me it looks like a cancer growth. I may have eaten some of the bad area - see *** mark on left side - but have not gotten sick so far. I kept the breast in the freezer in case someone wanted to examine it.

When I called the store they offered to replace it for another piece but I declined. I sent two emails with pictures to the franchise owner - Harman Management Corp. to the attention of the person I spoke to Tuesday afternoon but have not heard back from them. I also sent the picture to the Santa Clara health dept dehweb@sccgov.org. as instructed when I called them on Tuesday as well. After not hearing back from either message I called the health dept again. Finally connected with the inspector in charge of the area that the store is in and sent him another email explaining the issue and two pictures of the breast.

This morning I received a voice mail on my phone from the inspector. He said he contacted the store and they did an internal audit on themselves and no problems were found. Apparently the inspector never even went there. He only called the district manager for KFC and said they dealt with it internally.

I find it hard to believe the issue was so poorly investigated. The condition of the food is horrible in my opinion. I would hate to find out that someone had eaten something like this and gotten ill. The inspector even said he had never seen anything like it. I would think that alone would prompt more than a phone call. I have attached 2 photos - the same that I sent to the health department.

Review about: Chicken.

I didn't like: Contaminated food, Bad food quality, Company response to my complaint.

Quality of Food
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Kfc Chicken
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Kfc?

Submit review

Comments

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #992712

I don't know why the chicken looks like that, but it is gross beyond belief.

KFC kills

Loura

What the *** do you expect? Fast food meat is filled with artificial hormones and chemicals... I suggest doing some research on today's meat industry and consider switching to farm fresh, locally and consciously raised meat.

jvallario
to Loura San Jose, California, United States #945448

No offence, but I expect not to be served food that is contaminated or potentially harmful no matter where I purchase it. I also expect the health department to investigate instances where there is the question of these things happening – not merely call the company and ask if everything is ok with their food, then close the case based on their reply. I would hope that no matter where you shop and what type of food you buy you expect the same things.

emaillisamariegreen
to jvallario #945831

With all due respect, if you truly care about the cleanliness and health & safety of what you're eating, and you sound like you do (a lot), then you should watch: Earthlings on youtube.You will never view meat or dairy the same.

That little flaw in the meat is the least of the problems with meat. Seriously.

I am sorry that happened to you and I am sorry that you had a repulsive experience.However, if you knew about where that meat comes from, you would realize that urine, ***, diseases, rape, forced impregnation, animal abuse and toxic sludge are all parts of meat and dairy production.

to emaillisamariegreen #1032188

Unfortunately this is true.The food industry makes so much money for politicians and states, cities, counties, etc.

that no one will say anything to stop the money from flowing. It is truly horrifying what the "meat" industry gets away with these days. We as human beings have become absolutely disgusting in the way we respect our planet and animals that sustains our life.

It heartbreaking.SMH.

emaillisamariegreen

If you think that's repulsive, how do you feel about this?

Urine/***/Toxic Sludge/Your Meat = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayGJ1YSfDXs

If you think that's gross, you're going to love finding out where that meat came from:

Seriously. That little flaw is NOTHING in comparison to the truth of where that meat comes from.